Making information accurate, available, and defensible.
Celerity’s roots are in information compliance. For decades, we’ve helped clients assess, remediate, improve, and report on records and data quality.
RECORDS AND INFORMATION MANAGEMENT (RIM) PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT
One that is “best fit” for your organization’s goals and constraints.
A records management program guides organizations in defensibly and effectively identifying what should be retained, for what length of time, and in what format to balance ease of access and cost considerations. Celerity can assist with the following initiatives:
- Records Inventory – An excellent starting point for understanding your records landscape and identifying both immediate and longer-term opportunities for improvement. May include the creation of an ESI data map to show where electronic information resides.
- Policy Development – Preparing the cornerstone of your RIM program: a policy defining how your organization commits to records compliance.
- Records Retention Schedule Development – An essential tool for the effective and defensible disposition of records.
- Training & Governance – Educating records owners on RIM policies and procedures. Evaluating adherence to the program and suggesting course corrections.
RECORDS MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
Gathering, organizing, and converting documents to improve access, comply with RIM program requirements, or support an analysis or initiative.
Our information management consultants are experts in records collection and gathering from multiple locations under extraordinary deadlines, and integrating them into a centralized storage facility or database.
Types of records we have collected include timecards, plat maps, inspection records, maintenance records, business contracts, customer contracts, invoices, aperture cards, easement agreements, engineering specifications, and many more.
Celerity is especially skilled at paper retrieval, having collected millions of pages for a wide variety of matters. We often image hard copies to expedite a records review and coding process, supplementing our in-house imaging capability with proven scanning partners as needed. Our electronic data records collection team includes EnCase-certified consultants who have handled massive computer imaging and targeted ESI collections in a forensically sound manner.
Records Coding and Conversion
As part of a records management initiative or analysis, or as a tactical, stand-alone effort, Celerity assists entities with converting large amounts of paper documents into digital format. Services we provide include:
- Scanning / Document Imaging
- DVD Burning
- Image Conversion
- Data Hosting
Our team also provides objective and subjective document coding to capture information such as engineering attributes, numeric data, and bibliographic data. We can leverage off-shore coding vendors or utilize automated coding technology, if and as appropriate. We also provide subjective coding services to identify a document’s relevance to issues or a particular case or matter.
We differentiate ourselves on service. Every project is led by an experienced manager who focuses on responsiveness and data quality. And, our rates are extremely competitive.
Archiving and Disposal
Celerity can assist with identifying inactive or rarely used records that can be sent to archives to reduce storage cost. We also can coordinate the disposition of records that are no longer needed, based on policy and retention schedule guidelines, further reducing cost and the risk associated with maintaining records beyond their required timeframe.
Examination of data, records, and processes to assess conformance and data quality.
Celerity has assisted legal, regulatory, and business groups with assuring and confirming records quality in a wide variety of situations, from addressing internal questions regarding quality to preparing to respond to a regulatory order. This may involve one or all of the following steps:
- A gap analysis to identify potential missing records within a set and performing research or collection to resolve the issues.
- Data validation checks to identify errors in datasets, with potential normalization to clean the data and aid in future retrieval and review.
- An examination of source records to validate the authenticity or completeness of key fields, tracing missing or key data to secondary sources to confirm accuracy. The inspection scope is typically statistically valid random sampling when assessing accuracy and 100% inspection of targeted segments of the population when there is a known or likely issue. We can perform a hard copy review at your site, or an online records review using our application, Oliver.
- An evaluation of data creation and management processes against current protocols or best practice to identify issues and improvements; documenting these protocols and training participants and stakeholders, where needed.
Assistance with preparing, producing, and responding to a filing or to investigations and orders.
Celerity can support the information-intensive activities associated with reporting to a company’s regulating bodies. Specifically, we help with:
Information Management Solution Design
Efficiently producing a filing and handling an influx of data requests requires an established process and technology to coordinate the participants and information. The process should include steps, owners, timeframes, and deliverables. It should be supported by a lean, but effective database application that houses the data requests and responses, allows for tracking through to completion, and supports reporting on progress and results. Celerity will work with your IT group to understand the feasibility of utilizing in-house tools. Where there are gaps, Celerity can provide a secure online solution.
Research and Analysis Support
Celerity consultants can help mitigate the demands placed on an organization’s subject matter experts (SMEs). We can serve as an SME’s information partner to identify approaches to preparing a report; gather the necessary data; analyze and summarize the data to inform the SME’s response; and create visually compelling work-product to include in a filing or response. We also help the SME manage his/her assigned data requests, performing research on previous responses for similarities to save time and ensure consistency, and assisting with prompt submission.
Data Request Management
Celerity can provide a dedicated team to manage the logistics of the data request process, from receipt to response. Leveraging the technology solution, Celerity logs each data request at the filing and question level and tracks the scope through to completion. The team provides timely status reports, showing data points, such as average response time and on-time response percentage by agency or group. These insights help identify bottlenecks or resource constraints so adjustments can be made.
Celerity leverages our deep experience in litigation to support the very similar demands of responding to regulatory inquiries and requests and providing necessary documentation. We are well-versed in interviewing custodians, collecting supporting documentation from a myriad of data sources, assisting with the review process, tracking data to its corresponding filing or response reference, and preparing the data for delivery.